After the pandemic hit, people had to adapt to the new conditions, and one of the consequences was special video conferencing applications. Of course, they existed before that, but they were not that popular. At the moment, the most popular app is Zoom, but there are also decent alternatives, such as Google Hangouts. In this article, we will tell you how to use Google Hangouts for business meetings.
What is Google Hangouts
Google Hangouts is an app for remote interviews, business meetings, or friendly get-togethers. Its main purpose is to exchange messages and video calls.
The main features are:
- Ability to create group chats with up to 150 people. In conversations, you can use. photo fragments, smiley faces, stickers, etc
- Organize video meetings- organize a video call at the touch of a button, up to 10 people can participate
- Free calls to other Google Hangouts users – you can call both landlines and cell phones
Google Hangouts syncs your data so you can use the app on all your devices.
How to set up a conference call with Hangouts Meet
Hangouts Meet is available only for G Suite users (Google cloud services for business, which includes Gmail, Meet, Chat, Google Disk, etc.), but soon the developers have promised to make the application available for all users. To arrange a meeting, go to your G Suite account and under “Services” select “Communication” – “Meet”. A new tab opens in which you can organize a meeting by simply clicking on “Start a new meeting” and inviting participants.
Hangouts Meet features:
- Have group chats with up to 150 people
- Video meetings – depending on your plan, you can invite up to 25 people
- Meeting video management – using it the administrator can select the specific features, which will be available to the video call participants, for example, you can allow broadcasting of the meeting, which can be watched by up to 100000 people
- Access via the link – you can access the video call via a link both from your PC and from the application
- File Sending. Participants in group chats and conferences can share files.
How to enable screen sharing in a video meeting
Google hangouts share screen feature during business meetings will come in handy. so you need to know how to use it.
- During a video call, press the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen
- In the new menu, select the “Show screen” tab
- Then choose whether you want to show the entire screen or a specific program window. In the latter case, go to the “Application Window” tab, where you will see a list of all the windows of all the applications that are running
- To disable the demonstration, simply click on the “stop” button.